Refer a friend
Refer a friend to NST and receive €250/£250. Find out more.
Multi tour bonus
Receive a bonus for your school of €500/£500. Click here for more information.
Visit before you go
Enjoy a two night complimentary B&B stay for two people in your group’s chosen accommodation before your trip. This offer does not include flights. Find out more.
Beijing History School Trips & Tours - History of China
On an NST school trip to China, there is an opportunity to gain an insight into a culture and society radically different from our own through a range of unforgettable educational visits.
On an NST school trip to China, there is an opportunity to gain an insight into a culture and society radically different from our own through a range of unforgettable educational visits.Take your pupils on an exciting educational journey to see spectacular scenery and experience charming and inquisitive hospitality. With distinctive architecture, the Great Wall or Buddhist temples nestled in the hills, and an array of cultural and educational visits, a history school trip to China is one that your pupils will remember for many years to come.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Overnight flight from Ireland|
|2||Arrive Beijing & meet your guides||Transfer to hotel & check in. Temple of Heaven||Peking Duck Banquet at your hotel|
|3||Full day visit to the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Road & the Ming Tombs||Traditional Tea Ceremony|
|4||Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City||Rickshaw ride around the Hutongs. History lecture of your choice||Kung Fu Show|
|5||The Summer Palace. Beijing Zoo Panda House||Shopping at local market||Chinese Acrobat Show|
|6||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland||Arrive Ireland|
|Afternoon||Overnight flight from Ireland|
|Morning||Arrive Beijing & meet your guides|
|Afternoon||Transfer to hotel & check in. Temple of Heaven|
|Evening||Peking Duck Banquet at your hotel|
|Morning||Full day visit to the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Road & the Ming Tombs|
|Afternoon||Traditional Tea Ceremony|
|Morning||Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City|
|Afternoon||Rickshaw ride around the Hutongs. History lecture of your choice|
|Evening||Kung Fu Show|
|Morning||The Summer Palace. Beijing Zoo Panda House|
|Afternoon||Shopping at local market|
|Evening||Chinese Acrobat Show|
|Morning||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland|
On-tour support includes...
- Peking Opera
- The Legend Kung Fu Show
- Chinese Acrobat Show
• The Chinese Civil War
• The establishment of Communist rule
• The impact of Mao’s rule on government
• Society and the economy
• Changes in China society since the end of Mao
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996