Corporate social responsibility
At NST we recognise the social and economic importance of protecting the environment and we’re committed to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation
- Reducing any harmful impact our operations have on the local & global environment
- Measuring our impact on the environment & setting targets for ongoing improvement
- Raising staff awareness of environmental issues & enlisting their support to improve the company’s performance.
- Encouraging our travel partners & customers to adopt similar principles
ISO 14001 environmental policy compliant
Our approach to managing our environmental issues is compliant to ISO 14001. Our environmental impact is being measured and improving.
Offsetting carbon emissions, reducing deforestation & providing wildlife habitats
With a commitment to sustainability and environmentally-responsible educational travel, we’re delighted to be partnering with Carbon Footprint to offset carbon emissions, reduce deforestation and provide wildlife habitats.
For every trip taken with us, a Maya nut tree will be planted in Peru supporting reforestation, providing benefits to local communities and support forest biodiversity. Learn more here.
To guarantee carbon emission reductions, we’ve pledged to offset an additional tonne of CO2 through the Portel-Para reducing deforestation project in the Brazilian Amazon. Learn more here.
We recognise the social and environmental issues arising from increased travel and we acknowledge and accept the responsibilities we have to the communities in which we operate.
At NST we work with key stakeholders to improve environmental and ethical practice to:
- Provide our customers with environmental information & promote the use of greener travel options & third-party environmental schemes
- Provide responsible tourist advice to customers
- Encourage team awareness of environmental issues & ensure they use this awareness in their daily roles
- Dispose & manage waste in a responsible manner
- Use water & energy saving systems in our office sites
- Use licensed waste removers who provide appropriate documentation for the transfer of waste
- Promote awareness of environmental issues with our travel partners
- Work alongside our key travel partners to support the increased use and practice of environmentally friendly products & initiatives
Working in the global community we recognise our role in preventing slavery and human trafficking. Information about our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and the steps we will take to prevent slavery and human trafficking can be found here.