Refer a friend
Refer a friend to NST and receive €250/£250. Find out more.
Multi tour bonus
Receive a bonus for your school of €500/£500. Click here for more information.
Visit before you go
Enjoy a two night complimentary B&B stay for two people in your group’s chosen accommodation before your trip. This offer does not include flights. Find out more.
China Cultural & Transition Yr School Trips & Tours
A cultural tour of China will be the experience of a lifetime for many students. The diverse mix of historical landmarks, incredible scenery and interactive Chinese experiences reveal the rich and long history of one of the oldest civilisations in the world that’s now re-inventing itself for the 21st century.
As many aspects of Chinese life are so different from that in the UK and Ireland, a transition year or a tour to China will help to give students an appreciation of different cultures and lifestyles.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Overnight flight from Ireland|
|2||Arrive Beijing & meet your guides||Transfer to hotel & check in. Temple of Heaven||Peking Duck Banquet at your hotel|
|3||Full day visit to the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Road & the Ming Tombs||Traditional Tea Ceremony|
|4||Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City||Behai Park & Rickshaw ride around the Hutongs||Kung Fu Show|
|5||The Summer Palace and Beijing Zoo Panda House||Shopping at local market||Chinese Acrobat Show|
|6||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland||Arrive Ireland|
|Afternoon||Overnight flight from Ireland|
|Morning||Arrive Beijing & meet your guides|
|Afternoon||Transfer to hotel & check in. Temple of Heaven|
|Evening||Peking Duck Banquet at your hotel|
|Morning||Full day visit to the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Road & the Ming Tombs|
|Afternoon||Traditional Tea Ceremony|
|Morning||Tiananmen Square & the Forbidden City|
|Afternoon||Behai Park & Rickshaw ride around the Hutongs|
|Evening||Kung Fu Show|
|Morning||The Summer Palace and Beijing Zoo Panda House|
|Afternoon||Shopping at local market|
|Evening||Chinese Acrobat Show|
|Morning||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland|
On-tour support includes...
- Services of a See Off Representative at your departure airport
- Chinese Acrobats show (Beijing)
- Peking Opera (Beijing)
- Kung-Fu show (Beijing)
- Huangpu river cruise (Shanghai)
- Tang Dynasty show (Xian)
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996