Book early & save £25pp / €25pp
That’s a €25/£25 per person saving for overseas tours with a minimum of 3 nights’ accommodation. Find out more.
Refer a friend
Refer a friend to NST and receive €250/£250. Find out more.
Multi tour bonus
Receive a bonus for your school of €500/£500. Click here for more information.
Visit before you go
Enjoy a two night complimentary B&B stay for two people in your group’s chosen accommodation before your trip. This offer does not include flights. Find out more.
Geography School Trips & Tours to Sicily
A geography school trip to Sicily provides a great opportunity for groups wanting to study key themes, including volcanic activity and coastal processes and the resulting formations. This island offers superb geography visits including Mount Etna which provides an excellent case study to expand upon back in the classroom.
Sicily has an astonishing diverse heritage and a geography field trip here provides a great range of geographical opportunities for pupils of all ages. For physical geographers there are river and coastal studies plus the active volcanoes of Etna and Stromboli. Local farming, fishing and tourist industries provide the human geography element (as well as plenty of gastronomic and leisure time benefits). This is a fantastic geography tour option for pupils.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Daytime flight & transfer to accommodation. Independent exploration of local area||Free time to settle in. Evening meal|
|2||Full day excursion to Mount Etna (TECTONICS/HAZARD MANAGEMENT)||Evening meal. Free time|
|3||Full day excursion to Lipari and Vulcano Islands (TECTONICS/COASTS/TOURISM)||Evening meal. Free time|
|4||Alcantara Gorges Visit (TECTONICS/ PROCESSES)||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Daytime flight & transfer to accommodation. Independent exploration of local area|
|Afternoon||Free time to settle in. Evening meal|
|Morning||Full day excursion to Mount Etna (TECTONICS/HAZARD MANAGEMENT)|
|Afternoon||Evening meal. Free time|
|Morning||Full day excursion to Lipari and Vulcano Islands (TECTONICS/COASTS/TOURISM)|
|Afternoon||Evening meal. Free time|
|Morning||Alcantara Gorges Visit (TECTONICS/ PROCESSES)|
|Afternoon||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland|
Price Shown includes
On-tour support includes...
- Services of a See Off Representative at your departure airport
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (most hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
- Hazard management
- Cultural diversity
- Fluvial systems
- Tectonic processes
- Environmental change
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996