LIVE! student Events 2021 Disneyland® Paris
Book your place at LIVE! 2021 by the end of Feb & SAVE £20/ €20 per person.
Why choose a LIVE! event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
LIVE! student events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Science LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Show your students science in action at our Science LIVE! Conference. Learners get the opportunity to come face to face with speakers who are specialists in their field at our Science LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Monday 9th March 2020 - last few group places remaining
Monday 8th March 2021 - pre-register your interest now!
Our expert speakers are selected to meet the learning objectives of the Science curriculum and students can put their own questions to our experts during a Q&A session. As part of this immersive science event students take part in park challenges covering the fundamentals of Science.
Meeting your learning objectives - Science LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging students to develop their curiosity about the world around them, giving them insight into how science works, and appreciation of its relevance to their everyday lives. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here, or view the rest of our available school science trips.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Morning flight from Ireland||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris||Check in to your accomodation|
|2||Attend the Science LIVE! Conference||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks||Free time in Disney Village.|
|3||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks||Return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Morning flight from Ireland|
|Afternoon||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris|
|Evening||Check in to your accomodation|
|Morning||Attend the Science LIVE! Conference|
|Afternoon||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks|
|Evening||Free time in Disney Village.|
|Morning||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks|
|Afternoon||Return flight to Ireland|
Expert speaker presentations - through real life experiences our speakers will give students the chance to hear how science progresses through hypothesis, practical experimentation, observation, theory development and review.
Q&A session - an interactive question and answer session to support an understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science and help students answer scientific questions about the world around them.
Team park challenges - challenges encourage students to apply observational, practical, enquiry and problem-solving skills, in a new and unique learning environment.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a teacher meet & greet with coffee & pastries
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Confirmed speakers for 2020 (speakers for 2021 coming soon):
Karl Byrne, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Karl is an award winning Science Communicator, and Public Engagement consultant and trainer. He is currently the Public Engagement Manager at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Originally from Northern Ireland, Karl graduated from the University of Edinburgh with a degree in Virology in 2002. He then worked in laboratories in Edinburgh and Belfast for the next 6 years on a range of subjects including HIV, Hepatitis C, the MMR vaccine and drugs to help people with lung diseases caused by smoking.
He has been actively involved in science communication and public engagement since 2000. His previous roles include Christmas Lectures Manager at the Royal Institution of Great Britain, where he produced Professor Saiful Islam’s 2016 lectures TV series; Senior Programme Coordinator at Cheltenham Science Festival; Informal Learning Officer at At-Bristol Science Centre, and Science & Interpretation Officer at Glasgow Science Centre. He has extensive experience writing and performing science shows for schools, festivals and science events around the world. He has designed public experiments and science exhibitions, and has consulted on a wide range of public engagement and science communication activities. He also lectures on public engagement, and has trained scientists and public engagement professionals to be better communicators in over 15 countries, on 4 continents.
In his spare time, Karl is an avid fan of cinema and has written and presented numerous shows looking at the science behind science fiction, as well as the “Science Friction” podcast.
Dr Suze Kundu, Head of Public Engagement at Digital Science
With a BSc in Chemistry, an MSc in Analytical Chemistry and a PhD in Materials Chemistry from University College London, Suze is Head of Public Engagement at Digital Science.
A passionate educator and scientist, you can find Suze sharing her love for science through live lectures, on TV (the Discovery Channel), radio, and in print. During the event, Suze will uncover the fascinating science behind superheroes.
Remel London, Facilitator of the event
Remel London is an award winning TV & Radio presenter and online video blogger.
As a blogger, Remel and has gained over 13,000 followers on twitter, as well as over 3 million views combined across several YouTube channels. A confident and experienced corporate host, Remel has hosted numerous events including, The MOBO awards nominations launch, the Music For Youth Proms at the Royal Albert Hall and the 2018 Rocking Ur Teens Girls Conference.
Remel London is very passionate about her local community and is the founder of the Showcase and Networking event The RateMePlz Live Show created to support emerging talent across the country.
In 2015 Remel London was chosen to be an official ambassador of the Rocking Ur Teens National Youth Organisation and aspires to influence young women in the UK.
- Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Shopping in the Disney Village®
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
- Gaumont Cinema
- Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
The event is aimed at Key Stage 4 (GCSE) students of Science and is designed to complement studies within the AQA, OCR and Edexcel syllabus.
The Science Behind Superheroes
Students will discover how some of the amazing feats performed by their favourite superheroes really work and the scientific principles that explain them.
The Science Behind Star Wars
Topics from across the science curriculum brought to life via the medium of Star Wars.
- How to build a lightsabre; batteries, energy, plasma and heat density
- The speed of light and spaceships
- The diversity of life through aliens
- Artificial intelligence and robots
The Science Behind Disneyland Paris
Key science principles and considerations in roller coaster design and ride creation including:
- Changes in energy, forces and motion.
- The use of fire and materials in special effects
- The use of electricity and circuits to produce inputs and outputs such as light sensors and sound buzzers etc.
The whole experience perfectly complements classroom learning.
In order to help you prepare for the Science LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996