Refer a friend
Refer a friend to NST and receive €250/£250. Find out more.
Multi tour bonus
Receive a bonus for your school of €500/£500. Click here for more information.
Visit before you go
Enjoy a two night complimentary B&B stay for two people in your group’s chosen accommodation before your trip. This offer does not include flights. Find out more.
Munich Cultural & Transition Yr School Trips & Tours
Bavaria's capital, Munich, provides a diverse range of attractions for your group to explore on a cultural and transition year school trip. NST will tailor-make your itinerary to include the Royal Palaces, modern architecture, film studios and numerous museums enabling your students to learn about the history of Bavaria and way of life in modern Munich.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Daytime flight & transfer to accommodation, check-in assistance from NST Representative||Bowling|
|2||Munich - guided tour||Olympic Stadium & tour||Games at hostel|
|3||Visit Neuschwanstein Castle||Salzburg||German quiz night|
|4||Free time for shopping or additional sightseeing||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Daytime flight & transfer to accommodation, check-in assistance from NST Representative|
|Morning||Munich - guided tour|
|Afternoon||Olympic Stadium & tour|
|Evening||Games at hostel|
|Morning||Visit Neuschwanstein Castle|
|Evening||German quiz night|
|Morning||Free time for shopping or additional sightseeing|
|Afternoon||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland|
On-tour support includes...
- Services of a See Off Representative at your departure airport
- Services of an NST City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
Language Walking Tour
Exclusive to NST
Exclusive! Take a walking tour of this fascinating city with Birgit, our own dedicated City Representative. Your walking tour will take in the sights and sounds of the city, providing plenty of opportunity for language practice, and will be tailored to your group’s level of skill and language requirements.
Established in 1985, classes at this Munich school are taught in German with a focus on oral skills. Classes involve visits to the local town so students can practise their language skills.
Bavaria Film Studios
Take a tour behind the scenes of the largest film studios in Europe. Students will also encounter movie classics like the original model submarine from “Das Boot”, the mythical creature from “The Never Ending Story” and the Gallic village from “Asterix and Obelix vs. Caesar”. It’s even possible to star in a little film and be coached by a director.
“The castle of the fairy-tale king” is one of the most popular of all palaces and castle in Europe. The setting of this beautiful and magical white turreted castle could not be more idyllic.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996