Why choose a LIVE! event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
LIVE! student events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Maths LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Show your students maths in action at our Maths LIVE! Conference on Monday 9th March 2020. Learners get the opportunity to come face to face with speakers who are specialists in their field at our Maths LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Our expert speakers are selected to meet the learning objectives of the Maths curriculum and students can put their own questions to our experts during a Q&A session. As part of this immersive maths event students take part in park challenges covering the fundamentals of maths in a practical and fun way.
Meeting your learning objectives - Maths LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging students to develop confidence in mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in the world around them. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Morning flight from Ireland||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris||Check in to your accommodation|
|2||Attend the Maths LIVE! Conference||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks||Free time in Disney Village|
|3||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks||Return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Morning flight from Ireland|
|Afternoon||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris|
|Evening||Check in to your accommodation|
|Morning||Attend the Maths LIVE! Conference|
|Afternoon||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks|
|Evening||Free time in Disney Village|
|Morning||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks|
|Afternoon||Return flight to Ireland|
Expert speaker presentations - through real life experiences our speakers will give students the chance to hear how mathematics can be used to develop models of real situations and learn that they can be more or less effective depending on the assumptions that have been made.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions will develop their knowledge and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts.
Team park challenges - enable students to select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems and interpret mathematical information to reach conclusions within a unique learning environment.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a teacher meet & greet with coffee & pastries
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Previous speakers include:
Dr Matt Pritchard, Maths & Science Magician
Dr Matt Pritchard is a science magician and Curator of Wonder. His amazing performances both inspire and inform. Previously Matt conducted atomic physics research at Durham University. In addition to this experience, he has 19 years working as a professional magician and is an Associate of the Inner Magic Circle - one of only 300 people in the world to hold this distinction.
In 2018 he won the Hoffman Memorial lecture competition with his essay on the compatibility of science and magic. Matt is also a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association, a finalist in their annual Speaker Factor competition and a TEDx speaker.
Steve Mould, Facilitator
Steve Mould is a Science Presenter with a reputation for providing expert knowledge and for packaging complicated scientific ideas in an accessible way.
Formerly the Blue Peter resident Science expert, he is best recognised as a regular contributor on The One Show. Steve has a Physics MA from Oxford University and works frequently with schools, giving talks and demonstrations on Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Psychology. He is adept at presenting science using comedy, music and interactive experiments and will make an excellent chair at our Live! event.
Alex Bellos, Maths Writer & Broadcaster
Alex Bellos writes and talks, most often about mathematics and puzzles. He has a natural and easy way of speaking to young audiences and mixes fascinating stories of his travels around the world, with insightful and thought provoking theories of how numbers, mathematics and culture are inextricably linked.
He spends most of his time trying to popularise Science and Maths and his books Alex's Adventures in Numberland, Alex Through the Looking-Glass and Can You Solve My Problems? are all top ten bestsellers in the UK and have been translated into more than 20 languages. He writes a maths blog and a puzzle blog for the Guardian and frequently speaks on maths at conferences, festivals, in schools and in companies. His maths blog won the prize for best science blog 2016 awarded by the Association of British Science Writers.
His natural enthusiasm is infectious making him the perfect person to bring maths to life at our Maths Live! Event.
- Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Shopping in the Disney Village®
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
- Gaumont Cinema
- Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Rides & Rollercoasters
- Mathematical calculations used in rides and rollercoasters.
- The application of algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Calculating forces, acceleration and energy used.
Maths in Action
- Discover how maths plays a vital role in our lives and society.
- Learn how to apply mathematical techniques to solve real-world problems.
- Understanding how standard units of maths, length, time, money and other measures are used in everyday life.
Maths & Theme Parks
- The role of maths in creating and immersive experience.
- Understanding how the maths of rollercoasters has an effect on the human body including gravity and weightlessness.
- Demonstrate how maths is used around the parks from shapes to patterns and symmetry.
In order to help you prepare for the Maths LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996