LIVE! student Events 2021 Disneyland® Paris
Book your place at LIVE! 2021 by the end of Oct & SAVE £20/ €20 per person.
Why choose a LIVE! event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
LIVE! student events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Maths LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Show your students maths in action at our Maths LIVE! Conference. Learners get the opportunity to come face to face with speakers who are specialists in their field at our Maths LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Monday 9th March 2020 - last few group places remaining
Monday 8th March 2021 - pre-register your interest now!
Our expert speakers are selected to meet the learning objectives of the Maths curriculum and students can put their own questions to our experts during a Q&A session. As part of this immersive maths event students take part in park challenges covering the fundamentals of maths in a practical and fun way.
Meeting your learning objectives - Maths LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging students to develop confidence in mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in the world around them. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Morning flight from Ireland||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris||Check in to your accommodation|
|2||Attend the Maths LIVE! Conference||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks||Free time in Disney Village|
|3||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks||Return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Morning flight from Ireland|
|Afternoon||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris|
|Evening||Check in to your accommodation|
|Morning||Attend the Maths LIVE! Conference|
|Afternoon||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks|
|Evening||Free time in Disney Village|
|Morning||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks|
|Afternoon||Return flight to Ireland|
Expert speaker presentations - through real life experiences our speakers will give students the chance to hear how mathematics can be used to develop models of real situations and learn that they can be more or less effective depending on the assumptions that have been made.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions will develop their knowledge and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts.
Team park challenges - enable students to select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems and interpret mathematical information to reach conclusions within a unique learning environment.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay, they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a teacher meet & greet with coffee & pastries
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Confirmed speakers for 2020 (speakers for 2021 coming soon):
Dr Matt Pritchard, Maths & Science Magician
Dr Matt Pritchard is a maths and science magician and Curator of Wonder; his amazing performances both inspire and inform.
Previously Matt conducted atomic physics research at Durham University. In addition to this experience, he has 19 years working as a professional magician and is an Associate of the Inner Magic Circle - one of only 300 people in the world to hold this distinction.
In 2018 he won the Hoffman Memorial lecture competition with his essay on the compatibility of science and magic. Matt is also a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association, a finalist in their annual Speaker Factor competition and a TEDx speaker.
Katie Steckles, Think Maths
Katie Steckles is a mathematician based in Manchester UK, who gives talks and workshops and writes about mathematics. She finished her PhD in 2011, and since then has talked about maths in schools and universities, at science festivals, on BBC radio and TV, at music festivals, as part of theatre shows and on the internet.
James Grime, Secrets of a Digital World
Bits and Pieces: Secrets of a Digital World
How does a film studio know if you are sharing movies illegally? How are messages transmitted from space without mistakes? How can a scratched CD keep playing? James Grime takes a look at the hidden maths behind the digital world, from World War II to Wi-Fi.
Dr James Grime is a mathematician and public speaker. James now runs The Enigma Project and travels the world giving public talks on the history and mathematics of codes and code breaking. James is also a presenter of the YouTube channel numberphile.
Remel London, Facilitator of the event
Remel London is an award winning TV & Radio presenter and online video blogger.
As a blogger, Remel and has gained over 13,000 followers on twitter, as well as over 3 million views combined across several YouTube channels. A confident and experienced corporate host, Remel has hosted numerous events including, The MOBO awards nominations launch, the Music For Youth Proms at the Royal Albert Hall and the 2018 Rocking Ur Teens Girls Conference.
Remel London is very passionate about her local community and is the founder of the Showcase and Networking event The RateMePlz Live Show created to support emerging talent across the country.
In 2015 Remel London was chosen to be an official ambassador of the Rocking Ur Teens National Youth Organisation and aspires to influence young women in the UK.
- Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Shopping in the Disney Village®
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
- Gaumont Cinema
- Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Study themes & levels
The event is aimed at Key Stage 4 students of Maths and is designed to complement studies within the AQA, OCR, Edexcel syllabus as well as complimenting WJEC and SQA qualifications.
Maths & Theme Parks
- The role of maths in creating and immersive experience.
- Understanding how the maths of rollercoasters has an effect on the human body including gravity and weightlessness.
- Demonstrate how maths is used around the parks from shapes to patterns and symmetry.
Maths in Action
- Discover how maths plays a vital role in our lives and society.
- Learn how to apply mathematical techniques to solve real-world problems.
- Understanding how standard units of maths, length, time, money and other measures are used in everyday life.
The whole experience perfectly complements classroom learning.
In order to help you prepare for the Maths LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996