Why choose a LIVE! Event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
LIVE! Student Events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Maths LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Show your students maths in action at our Maths LIVE! Conference on Monday 4th March 2019. Learners get the opportunity to come face to face with speakers who are specialists in their field at our Maths LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Our expert speakers are selected to meet the learning objectives of the Maths curriculum and students can put their own questions to our experts during a Q&A session. As part of this immersive maths event students take part in park challenges covering the fundamentals of maths in a practical and fun way.
Meeting your learning objectives - Maths LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging students to develop confidence in mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in the world around them. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Morning flight from Ireland||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris||Check in to your accommodation|
|2||Attend the 2019 Maths LIVE! Conference||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks||Free time in Disney Village|
|3||Free time||Return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Morning flight from Ireland|
|Afternoon||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris|
|Evening||Check in to your accommodation|
|Morning||Attend the 2019 Maths LIVE! Conference|
|Afternoon||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks|
|Evening||Free time in Disney Village|
|Afternoon||Return flight to Ireland|
Price Shown includes
Expert speaker presentations - through real life experiences our speakers will give students the chance to hear how mathematics can be used to develop models of real situations and learn that they can be more or less effective depending on the assumptions that have been made.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions will develop their knowledge and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts.
Team park challenges - enable students to select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems and interpret mathematical information to reach conclusions within a unique learning environment.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay , they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a drinks reception on the Sunday evening
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Confirmed speakers 2019
David Wilson, The Walt Disney Company Imagineer
David has managed the development of various attractions, both with Disney and Universal. David has also been responsible for various projects at Disneyland Paris Resort, including “Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith”, “Moteurs… Action ! Stunt Show Spectacular”, "Armageddon" special effects show, "Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast", "Crush's Coaster®", "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" , “Toy Story Playland” and most recently Ratatouille.
David Wilson came to the Entertainment business in 1991 after serving 6 years in the US Navy as a nuclear engineering officer, followed by a year as a Project Engineer working on the Space Shuttle with NASA.
Dr Andrew Szydlo, Chemist
Dr Andrew Szydlo is a renowned chemist and teacher and is proof, if it were needed that science is far from dull. He has given talks and demonstrations at the Royal Institution, for The Lost Lectures, at the Secret Garden Party Festival, as well as several TV appearances.
His public demonstration lectures are theatrical and spectacular, he often disappears in a huge cloud of smoke, swings teapots of liquid nitrogen high above his head, and creates large explosions. The message however is a more serious one, to explain how useful science can be in everyday life. "My message is, that people can do more with science than they realise. In today's society everyone takes things for granted, and they are used to an easy life, but understanding how things work is very important".
We will be working with Dr Szydlo to pre-film a series of demonstrations that he will use as a part of his presentation on fireworks and special effects.
Dr Matt Pritchard, Maths & Science Magician
Dr Matt Pritchard is a science magician and Curator of Wonder. His amazing performances both inspire and inform. Previously Matt conducted atomic physics research at Durham University. In addition to this experience, he has 19 years working as a professional magician and is an Associate of the Inner Magic Circle - one of only 300 people in the world to hold this distinction.
In 2018 he won the Hoffman Memorial lecture competition with his essay on the compatibility of science and magic. Matt is also a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association, a finalist in their annual Speaker Factor competition and a TEDx speaker.
- Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Shopping in the Disney Village®
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
- Gaumont Cinema
- Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Forces & Energy
• Calculating forces, acceleration & energy used
Rollercoaster / Ride Design
• The use of geometry in ride design, time, distance & speed
Statistics & Planning
• Discover how maths plays an important role in the planning & design of Disneyland Paris
• How the different departments of the park use maths on a daily basis
In order to help you prepare for the Maths LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996