Warsaw History School Trips & Tours
The capital of Poland offers a wide variety of Holocaust-related visits that highlight the story of the city's Jewish population up to the end of WWII. With sites of historical importance and architectural beauty to rival Krakow. The remains of the Death Camp at Treblinka and the fascinating city of Łodz with its important wartime ghetto are both easily visited as day excursions from the city.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Daytime flight & transfer to accommodation||Warsaw - introductory walking tour around the Old Town||Evening meal|
|2||Visits in the Old and New Towns including the Jewish Historical Institute. Visit the Museum of the Warsaw uprising||Evening meal|
|3||Coach excursion to the Korczak Orphanage, the Deportation Memorial & further key visits in the area of the wartime ghetto. Visit the former Death Camp of Treblinka.||Evening meal|
|4||Visit the Nozyk Synagogue & the Palace of Culture & Science||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Daytime flight & transfer to accommodation|
|Afternoon||Warsaw - introductory walking tour around the Old Town|
|Morning||Visits in the Old and New Towns including the Jewish Historical Institute. Visit the Museum of the Warsaw uprising|
|Morning||Coach excursion to the Korczak Orphanage, the Deportation Memorial & further key visits in the area of the wartime ghetto. Visit the former Death Camp of Treblinka.|
|Morning||Visit the Nozyk Synagogue & the Palace of Culture & Science|
|Afternoon||Transfer to airport for return flight to Ireland|
On-tour support includes...
- Services of a See Off Representative at your departure airport
Guided Walking Tour of Old Town
Includes Old Town Square, St John’s Cathedral, the Royal Palace, Monument to the Little Insurgent and the Uprising Memorial.
Guided Walking Tour in the City Centre
Includes Novy Swiat, the Radziwill Palace, the Memorial to Józef Piłsudski, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Saxon Gardens, Marszałkowska and the Palace of Culture and Science.
Janus Korczak Orphanage
The orphanage in which Korczak led the famous march of the children still exists and is still in use. It may be visited by prior arrangement.
Warsaw Uprising Monument
Marking the place where Polish partisans and citizens entered the sewer system to escape from German troops surrounding the Old Town during the 1944 Warsaw Uprising - one of the most important chapters in Warsaw’s history. The monument is dedicated to the heroes who gave their lives for their homeland during the Uprising.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996