Dublin Cultural & Transition Yr School Trips & Tours
Why not take your school group to the Irish Capital? Enjoy the amazing visits that are educational, cultural and fun. With a diverse range of activities, museums and guided tours, this is an exciting destination for a transition year and cultural school trip with excellent access from all over Ireland.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Transfer to Dublin. Guided tour of Croke Park & the GAA Museum||Guided tour of Dáil Éireann. Guided tour of Kilmainham Gaol||Quiz|
|2||Guided walking tour of Dublin||Guided tour of Dublinia. Guided tour of Glasnevin Cemetery||Transfer back to school|
|Morning||Transfer to Dublin. Guided tour of Croke Park & the GAA Museum|
|Afternoon||Guided tour of Dáil Éireann. Guided tour of Kilmainham Gaol|
|Morning||Guided walking tour of Dublin|
|Afternoon||Guided tour of Dublinia. Guided tour of Glasnevin Cemetery|
|Evening||Transfer back to school|
On-tour support includes...
- Services of a See Off Representative at your departure airport
One of the largest unoccupied gaols in Europe covering some of the most heroic and tragic events in Ireland’s emergence as a modern nation from 1780s to the 1920s. Attractions include a major exhibition detailing the political and penal history of the prison and its restoration.
Historical Guided Walking Tours
You can also enjoy a history tour that will take you to the relevant sites of the 1916 Rising to give you an understanding of this historic event. You will explore the main features of the War of Independence, partition and will conclude with the Northern Ireland peace process and Ireland today.
Dáil Eireann/Leinster House
Take a guided tour of the Houses of the Oireachtas where the guides will relay their historical and educational knowledge of both the building itself and the workings of the two houses.
GAA Museum & Croke Park Stadium
Enjoy a stadium guided tour including a short historical tour focusing on the ancient origins of hurling, the birth of the GAA as part of a Gaelic Revival in Ireland, the development of the GAA and early links with revolutionary nationalism.
Glasnevin Cemetery (Guided Tour & Museum)
The tour visits the final resting place of Daniel O’Connell, Michael Collins, Eamon DeValera, Charles Stewart Parnell, Countess Marcievicz and many of the other men and women who have shaped Ireland’s history. A new state of the art museum will complement the tour.
A former school that was run by Pádraig Pearse on beautiful grounds includes historical exhibitions, a nature study and an audio-visual show - 'This Man Kept a School'.
Available from any location in Ireland, our executive coaches are fitted with seatbelts, toilet facilities, air conditioning, DVD and reclining seats.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996