Cologne German Christmas Markets School Trips & Tours
Cologne, a major cultural centre of the Rhineland, is world renowned for its Christmas markets which attract over four million visitors a year. With six different markets open daily, and well into the evening, a christmas market school trip visit to Cologne really does allow you to maximise your time whilst away.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Morning flight from Ireland||Chocolate Factory with demonstration & tasting||Explore Cologne Christmas markets|
|2||Rhine Cruise from Boppard to St Goar||Visit to Rudesheim, free time to explore & visit the famous Christmas shop||Explore Cologne Christmas markets|
|3||Cologne Cathedral||Return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Morning flight from Ireland|
|Afternoon||Chocolate Factory with demonstration & tasting|
|Evening||Explore Cologne Christmas markets|
|Morning||Rhine Cruise from Boppard to St Goar|
|Afternoon||Visit to Rudesheim, free time to explore & visit the famous Christmas shop|
|Evening||Explore Cologne Christmas markets|
|Afternoon||Return flight to Ireland|
On-tour support includes...
- Services of a See Off Representative at your departure airport
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
Rhine River Cruise
A highly enjoyable way for groups to travel to their daily visits, stopping in a host of towns including Cologne, Bonn, Königswinter, Koblenz, Boppard, St Goarshausen and Rüdesheim. Moselle River cruises can be arranged from Traben-Trarbach to Bernkastel-Kues and Cochem to Zell.
Take a tour, in German, of this excellent museum in Cologne. Watch the manufacturing process and learn about the history of chocolate, plus, there are also free samples to take away!
Take a panoramic city cruise departing from Cologne old town.
Students can explore this fabulous town or take the cable-car to Niederwald monument and the wine museum to see how wine is made. The fabulous toy museum is a firm favourite, showcasing toys from the last 100 years.
This enjoyable town experience provides students with opportunities to speak, learn and listen in German.
Visits include the Hunsrück Railway, Carmelite Church and Monastery, mini-golf, forest walks and the Sesselbahn (chairlift) to the ‘Vierseen-blick’ for the famous four lakes view. A mini-train offers a 40-minute tour around Boppard, past the remains of the fortifying walls that date back to the Romans and Middle Ages. German commentary is available.
A great place to explore and practise language skills. Alongside the many shops and cafés, popular visits in the town include the ‘Deutsches Eck’, a spectacular viewpoint where the Rhine and Moselle rivers meet.
Fill out our quiz sheets in German as you tour this fabulous medieval castle.
Cochem Wave Pool
This aquatic centre has a diving board, a wave pool and a giant 55-metre flume offering plenty of fun pool activities.
A visit to this bowling alley in Koblenz is a popular evening activity.
The Freizeitbad Tauris swimming pool is available in the evenings for groups.
Cologne Christmas Markets
Cologne, a major cultural centre of the Rhineland, is world renowned for its Christmas markets which attract over four million visitors a year. With six different markets open daily, and well into the evening, a visit to Cologne really does allow you to maximise your time whilst away.
- See the largest Christmas tree in the Rhineland at the Cathedral Christmas Market
- Sample local artisans’ produce at the Neumarkt
- Visit the nostalgic children’s roundabout, puppet theatre and Santa Claus’ quarter at the Alter Markt
- A quiz or disco at your hotel (most hotels can provide a room for groups to use in the evenings)
Free Christmas market worksheet for students
For groups visiting the German Christmas Markets, we currently offer free, fun Christmas market worksheets for students to complete. This is a great way to encourage your group members to interact with and observe their surroundings and truly get involved in the goings-on at these fantastically festive marketplaces.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996