Why choose a LIVE! Event?
- Leading industry professional speakers
- Ideal for exam preparation
- Industry advice on future career opportunities
- Linking the curriculum with the real world
- Build confidence & experience
- Student workbook
- Certificate of attendance
- Fun at Disneyland® Paris
LIVE! Student Events
Inspire their future career with an immersive student event. View our full range here
Business LIVE! Student Event at Disneyland® Paris
Inspire their future career at our Business LIVE! conference on Monday 25th February 2019. Bring business studies to life for your students and fire their future career ambitions by showing them the many different paths a career in business could take at our Business LIVE! conference - all whilst enjoying the magic of Disneyland® Paris!
Leading industry experts from high profile companies will deliver presentations providing relevant real-life experiences and case studies for exams to ignite your students’ aspirations whilst perfectly complementing the curriculum. Students can also put their own questions to the experts during a Q&A session.
Meeting your learning objectives- Business LIVE! is designed to meet course aims by encouraging and developing an enthusiasm for studying business. Learn more about our full range of LIVE! events here.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Morning flight from Ireland||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris||Check in to your accommodation|
|2||Attend the 2019 Business LIVE! Conference||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks||Free time in Disney Village.|
|3||Free time||Return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Morning flight from Ireland|
|Afternoon||Guided sightseeing tour of Paris|
|Evening||Check in to your accommodation|
|Morning||Attend the 2019 Business LIVE! Conference|
|Afternoon||Time in Disneyland® Paris Parks|
|Evening||Free time in Disney Village.|
|Afternoon||Return flight to Ireland|
Expert speaker presentations - your students will hear how businesses operate in a range of different contexts, and hear how they responded to different business opportunities, problems and issues.
Q&A session - interactive question and answer sessions offering invaluable career insight and advice.
Team park challenges - encourage students to take a step back and critically appraise the resort as a business. These challenges provide opportunity for problem solving, decision making as well as seeing in action how the brand is promoted, loyalty encouraged and profits maximised.
The Events Team in Disneyland® Paris will provide support throughout your stay , they’ll:
- Meet you on arrival & assist with hotel check-in
- Be on-hand & provide assistance throughout the event
- Host a drinks reception on the Sunday evening
- Register your students at the conference & take questions
- Assist with check-out & departure
Confirmed speakers 2019
Kate Russell, Facilitator
Kate Russell has been writing about technology, gaming and the Internet since 1995 and currently appears weekly on BBC2 and BBC World News, reporting for technology programme Click. She is an experienced and adept technology speaker.
She got her first break on TV after being encouraged to apply for a job advertising for a “young & funky” female presenter who knew about videogames for a new show on Nickelodeon. Kate got the job and presented the show for three series, co-hosting with Mike McClean and an animated fish called Bert.
Kate was a regular expert on the sofa at ITV’s Daybreak and various other TV and radio stations, she also writes columns for National Geographic Traveller magazine. Her first book ‘Working the Cloud’ and companion blog workingthecloud.biz was published in March.
In addition to her prolific writing and TV career Kate speaks regularly at technology events and conferences and in schools and Universities inspiring the next generation of female technologists. She is also gets involved in policy meetings that aim to shape the way the Internet is governed in the UK.
In 2013 she crowd funded more than 400% of her target to write a science fiction novel. She still finds time to run 6.5k three times a week and spends far too much time on Twitter advising people about the best web resources for their day-to-day needs.
Her website, KateRussell.co.uk won the 2015 UK Blog Awards for best individual digital and technology blog, and in June 2015 she was voted the 25th most influential woman in UK IT by Computer Weekly magazine.
Chas Howes, Superdry
Chas Howes, the former CFO of SuperGroup Plc, draws on the SuperDry story to educate audiences on brand strategy and management, inspirational leadership, and building a retail estate in the UK.
A successful career in finance has seen Chas strengthen and accelerate businesses through periods of change, including major international expansion programmes; as well as rationalising their financial controls, he has exceeded profit and cash targets through effective performance management.
Part of a small management team at SuperGroup Plc, Chas led a rapid expansion plan which saw the business grow from £41m in 2008 to £314m in 2012.
He was appointed to drive enterprise value through controlled growth, oversaw the sale of the business to external investors, and chaired the project team to list the business on the London Stock Exchange in March 2010, winning IPO of the Year in the process and achieving FTSE250 status within 1 year.
Having experience in both large businesses and entrepreneurial start-ups, Chas is the ideal keynote speaker to address all kinds of management teams.
Joe McEwan, innocent
Joe spent the last ten years at innocent drinks, helping to establish the smoothie makers as one of the most engaging and loved brands in the UK.
As innocent’s first Communities Manager, he launched the brand on social media and led them to number one in the Social Brands 100 list. As Head of Brand, he was responsible for everything innocent said and did across digital, packaging, customer service, PR and ATL advertising. Throughout his time there, he worked hard to ensure innocent remained an interesting brand that treated its drinkers like human beings.
He now works as a freelance consultant, helping small brands grow big and big brands stay small. He still enjoys the odd smoothie with breakfast.
- Explore the parks: Disneyland® Park & Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Shopping in the Disney Village®
- Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show
- Disney Illuminations Night Time Show
- Gaumont Cinema
- Evening meal experience at Planet Hollywood or Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon
Marketing Performance & Strategies
• Understanding markets, segmentation, targeting, mass marketing
• Branding – building & protecting
• Marketing mix – the value of digital & e-commerce
Business Strategy, Decision making & Direction
• Problems & challenges when growing a business
• Influences on business decisions, technology, ethical & environmental issues, corporate & social responsibility
• Difficulties in forecasting future trends
Business Operations – Customer Service
• Identifying & understanding customer needs
• Methods & benefits of good customer service
• Changes in customer service from technology advances
In order to help you prepare for the Business LIVE! Event, you will receive supplementary information about how each speaker will link to the curriculum as well as a list of desired outcomes. This can be used to follow up with your students when you return.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996