Beat the back to school rush...
...and book your next trip before the end of October to SAVE!
Refer a friend
Refer a friend to NST and receive €250/£250. Find out more.
Multi tour bonus
Receive a bonus for your school of €500/£500. Click here for more information.
Visit before you go
Enjoy a two night complimentary B&B stay for two people in your group’s chosen accommodation before your trip. This offer does not include flights. Find out more.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Morning flight from Ireland||Guided tour of Berlin||Sony Centre at Potsdamer Platz|
|2||The Story of Berlin||Explore the Christmas Markets|
|3||TV Tower||Return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Morning flight from Ireland|
|Afternoon||Guided tour of Berlin|
|Evening||Sony Centre at Potsdamer Platz|
|Morning||The Story of Berlin|
|Afternoon||Explore the Christmas Markets|
|Afternoon||Return flight to Ireland|
Price Shown includes
On-tour support includes...
- Services of a See Off Representative at your departure airport
- Services of an NST Berlin City Representative to assist with check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
- A choice of packed lunches for your group throughout your stay
Guided Tour of Berlin
Our City Representative, or one of her team, will take your group on a half-day tour of the key sights and provide a first-hand perspective of Berlin’s history and how life has changed for the city’s residents.
- Berlin Wall: Students will see how East and West Berlin were divided for 28 years. Potsdamer Platz and the East Side Gallery are two of the remaining areas where it is still accessible to see a section of the wall.
- The Reichstag: This impressive building, perhaps most recognisable due to its impressive glass dome, re-opened as the new seat of Federal Parliament in 1999. Here, students can learn about the building’s turbulent 114-year history.
- The Brandenburg Gate: Berlin’s only remaining city gate and a symbol of unified Germany. The dramatic Quadriga that sits on top has a history as eventful as the city’s.
Built for the 1936 Olympics, this is an excellent example of Nazi architecture. This is where the black American athlete, Jesse Owens, won four gold medals, supposedly infuriating Hitler because of his race.
Alexanderplatz Language Trail
Exclusive to NST
Run by our City Representative, Tatjana (or a member of her team), this language quiz activity takes in the major sites of Alexanderplatz with a big bag of Gummibärchen for the winning team!
The large indoor market in the centre of the city is an ideal place to put language skills to the test and pick up a bargain or two.
The Story of Berlin
A fabulous museum that shows over 800 years of Berlin’s history, through a number of interactive exhibitions and sound and light shows.
Berlin River Cruise
Take a cruise along the River Spree on this tour and see all the major attractions of the city while learning about the intriguing history of Berlin.
Located at the very heart of the city on the Alexanderplatz, the Berlin TV tower is part of German history: in the sixties the East German government had the TV tower built to demonstrate the strength and efficiency of the socialist party system. Today the tower, Berlin’s highest structure, shapes the skyline of the German capital city and has fantastic views - and serves as a landmark of the reunited Germany. Your group can pinpoint the many landmarks and attend the free exhibition.
Ritter Chocolate Workshop
Here, your students can give free reign to their chocolate notions and manufacture their very own chocolate creations – all the way from ingredient selection to package design.
Groups can visit the fabulous cinema at Potsdamer Platz. Bowling Am Schillerpark. This bowling alley is the most popular of four available in Berlin.
Groups can spend an evening at the ice-rink in Wilmersdorf.
The Brandenburg Gate
Berlin’s only remaining city gate and a symbol of unified Germany. The Quadriga that sits on top has a history as eventful as the city’s.
A prime example of the new, vibrant Berlin. Students can practise their language skills in the numerous shops, cafés, restaurants and the fabulous Sony Centre at this lively public square, once one of the busiest intersections in Europe.
Berlin Christmas Markets
Berlin is the perfect choice for groups who want to combine a traditional market experience with a visit to one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.Berlin offers a choice of over 60 Christmas markets. Experience the great programme of cultural events available during the festive season.
Visit the Potsdamer Platz Winter Wonderland, a fabulous place for students to spend an evening with a range of exciting winter activities at ‘Boccia on ice’ on the Sony Centre’s 4000m2 event area.
- IMAX Cinema
- Ice Skating
Free Christmas market worksheet for students
For groups visiting the German Christmas Markets, we currently offer free, fun Christmas market worksheets for students to complete. This is a great way to encourage your group members to interact with and observe their surroundings and truly get involved in the goings-on at these fantastically festive marketplaces.
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996