Refer a friend
Refer a friend to NST and receive €250/£250. Find out more.
Multi tour bonus
Receive a bonus for your school of €500/£500. Click here for more information.
Visit before you go
Enjoy a two night complimentary B&B stay for two people in your group’s chosen accommodation before your trip. This offer does not include flights. Find out more.
St Petersburg History School Trips & Tours - 20th Century History
The grandeur of St Petersburg gives a vivid insight into Russian society on the eve of revolution and its canals, squares and buildings were the backdrop against which the events of the revolutions of 1905 and 1917 were played out. This least Russian of all Russian cities is nonetheless among the most fascinating to the historian and the most beautiful to all visitors.
Our bilingual City Representatives have looked after schools for many years and understand the specific needs of your history school trip group. In addition, we have a number of expert city guides who will accompany you on your excursions and are extremely knowledgeable about the museums and palaces you visit.
Our sample itinerary provides you with an idea of the visits you can cover during your trip. We can tailor-make an itinerary to support your specific learning outcomes.
|1||Daytime flight to St Petersburg||Escorted transfer to accommodation. Welcome meeting to discuss itinerary|
|2||Guided panoramic city tour by coach. Nevsky Prospekt & the Church of the Saviour on the Spilt Blood|
|3||Visit to the Hermitage Museum||Visit to Hare Island & the Peter & Paul Fortress|
|4||Free time||Transfer to the airport for return flight to Ireland|
|Morning||Daytime flight to St Petersburg|
|Afternoon||Escorted transfer to accommodation. Welcome meeting to discuss itinerary|
|Morning||Guided panoramic city tour by coach. Nevsky Prospekt & the Church of the Saviour on the Spilt Blood|
|Morning||Visit to the Hermitage Museum|
|Afternoon||Visit to Hare Island & the Peter & Paul Fortress|
|Afternoon||Transfer to the airport for return flight to Ireland|
Price Shown includes
On-tour support includes...
- Services of a See Off Representative at your departure airport
- Services of an NST City Representative whilst in St Petersburg to assist with hotel check-in and provide 24-hour assistance
- Services of a Local Guide
Additional on-tour support available...
- Pre-booked meals at great group prices
- Evening performance of ballet or opera
- Folklore show
- Tsardom & the Collapse of the Tsarist Regime
- Russian Revolution
- Stalin’s Dictatorship
- The Great Patriotic War
- Cold War - International Relations - Warsaw Pact & the West
- Khrushchev & Destalinisation
- The Brezhnev Era
- From Gorbachev to the Fall of Communism & the End of the Soviet Union
We offer flights from a variety of departure airports and we’ll work with you to plan your route at the best value possible.
Giving you full support throughout
Before your tour
- Your own dedicated NST contact
- Bespoke tour itineraries
- Unrivalled local knowledge & expertise
- Curriculum linked visit programmes
- Great value for money - no hidden costs
- Free group leader inspection visits
- Risk assessment guidance
- Safety assured, transport, accommodation and visits
Whilst you're away
- Free educational resources
- Group-friendly accommodation
- Exceptional standards of coaching
- On-tour support from our reps on the ground
- Support & assistance from our specialists guides throughout your tour
- 24/7 support just a call away
- Extensive group travel insurance
On your return
- Priority rebooking services
- Rewarding your loyalty with our reward scheme
- You say, we listen - we're committed to continuously improving our tours
- School travel company of choice since 1996